The first week of October is National Walk Your Dog Week, and for good reason! Here is a list found on PetMD of some the benefits of walking your special friend:
- Like humans, pets will be healthier with exercise. It keeps them agile and limber.
- Weight control! Pets can also over indulge in yummy food and it's necessary to walk that off.
- Walking is very good for your dog's digestive system. It can also aid in relieving constipation.
- It curbs that bad behavior. Dogs often chew on furniture, bark, dig, and scratch out of boredom. Exercise will keep that behavior under better control.
- Going along with number the last item, walks will work out your dog's extra energy. This leads to less excitability, better sleep, and easier relaxation.
- Have a whiny pet? This is often a sign your dog is seeking more attention. Going for a walk will give you time together as well as work out that whine energy.
- Walking your pet also reinforces that bond. They will have more trust for you and a stronger attachment.
Of course, walking your dog is also good for you. So, put on your walking shoes and get Fido moving! For a look at the whole list, check here .
Ultrasonic Bark Control and Electric Fences Don't Mix
Dogs need consistency and repetitive training in order for them to learn new behaviors, tricks, or boundaries. Our bark control products use a simple yet effective ultrasonic sound frequency to train dogs not to bark and stop other unwanted behaviors. But what happens when similar tones are used for additional types of training – like invisible fences? Good question. We do not recommend the use of any ultrasonic bark control product in conjunction with invisible fences (especially not shock fences).Doing so will confuse the dog and cause a lot of frustration for both you and your pup. Here’s Why Electric...
Prevent Animal CrueltyThere are many forms of animal neglect, cruelty, and abuse, and it happens all over the world. So how do we recognize the signs of abuse, and how can we make a difference?
OnGuard Training: 3 Steps to Success!The OnGuard™ is designed to make training your dog easier, as well as to stop unwanted barking and bad behaviors in their tracks! It's one of our most versatile products, but still people ask what its purpose is and how they are supposed to use it effectively.
Barking In Your Sleep?Is your neighbor's dog keeping you up all night from their incessant barking? Or maybe it's your dog that likes to bark at night. Read these tips to help you and your pet get a better night's sleep!
Anxious OliviaDue to the severity of Olivia’s anxiety and fear, the volunteers were desperate to try anything that could help her…