The first week of October is National Walk Your Dog Week, and for good reason! Here is a list found on PetMD of some the benefits of walking your special friend:
- Like humans, pets will be healthier with exercise. It keeps them agile and limber.
- Weight control! Pets can also over indulge in yummy food and it's necessary to walk that off.
- Walking is very good for your dog's digestive system. It can also aid in relieving constipation.
- It curbs that bad behavior. Dogs often chew on furniture, bark, dig, and scratch out of boredom. Exercise will keep that behavior under better control.
- Going along with number the last item, walks will work out your dog's extra energy. This leads to less excitability, better sleep, and easier relaxation.
- Have a whiny pet? This is often a sign your dog is seeking more attention. Going for a walk will give you time together as well as work out that whine energy.
- Walking your pet also reinforces that bond. They will have more trust for you and a stronger attachment.
Of course, walking your dog is also good for you. So, put on your walking shoes and get Fido moving! For a look at the whole list, check here .
Why Dogs Bark, and 3 Bark Collar Myths“Before you resign yourself to life with constant barking, there are a few things you can try first.
DOT Allows Airlines to Prohibit Emotional Support Animals“The main focus has been on how the new rules have affected ESAs, but anyone who’ll be flying with a service animal may have some adjustments to make as well.”
Training Tips with Positive Pet™Instead of yelling, use Positive Pet to help train those unwanted behaviors away!
Deaf Dogs 101“Deaf dogs can be just as amazing and loving as any other dog, they just need a little bit more patience, training and care.
Doggie Delites — Heart Healthy Dog Treats
We want your dog to be happy and healthy this new year, so here's a great treat to start your new year off just right. Your dog will surely be begging for more! Recipe: 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (be sure to check the label)1/4 cup honey1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil (or olive oil)1 cup chicken broth1 cup rolled oats1 cup whole wheat flour1 cup all-purpose flour Instructions: In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, oil, and the chicken broth-whisk them together until combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flours and the oats. Mix the...